View Single Post
      12-07-2017, 02:48 PM   #10
Max Well
Colonel
Rep
Drives: '22 BG X3MC, '20 BSM X3MC

Quote:
Originally Posted by OzBMW84 View Post
Thank you for the reply guys and for links to photos. Your cars are looking great. Bummed we have to wait so long just for Oz vehicles to go into production. My car should look like the one below with the 21" alloys. Would I be right in saying it's hard to capture just how metallic Dark Graphite actually appears in sunlight? How have you guys found this colour with swirl marks?
Thank you, OzBMW84! That is going to be a great look. As my wife really values a comfortable ride we were a bit worried the 21" might be a bit harsh for her tastes, but others here on the Forum have them and haven't indicated much of that concern to my knowledge. And no doubt they look great!

This metallic paint is amazing in different lighting conditions, which is one reason it is so interesting to see photos shared by others, even if the same color. Not sure if you saw this in the other thread I mentioned, but I'll repost here for ease of reference. I'm comparing our car in three different lighting conditions (inside lighting at the Dealership, early morning outside, and late afternoon outside) to the image on the BMW website. Same color, but quite a different feel as the metallic flakes take on the chameleon-like ability to change the appearance. And so far, even after a few washings no swirls, but can't share a long-term experience yet.
Attached Images

Appreciate 2
kozzi927.00
JoshV14.50