10-04-2017, 07:06 AM   #15
damnitBobby
Major
Rep
Drives: 2018 M3 ZCP

Quote:
Originally Posted by augerpro View Post
Sweet ride!

Does this have air suspension? I test drove one with air and was really impressed. Very composed ride and body motions but still sucked up bumps like nothing.

Have you loaded music onto the harddrive? If so, can you can you skip forward by band? Does it have random play? Those are two things that my M235 won't do and it bugs me.

Have you been able to use the rain sense wipers?

How is the transmission tuning? Car and Driver nitpicked the tuning, sort of surprise since Audi and BMW have always had good tuning on the ZF8.

How are the driver and control ergonomics?
I got air suspension and it is fantastic! I got out of a '17 Mercedes GLS550 also with air suspension. And the SQ5 is just as comfortable in comfort mode. Put it into Dynamic mode and everything firms up but still tolerable. I can keep it in Dynamic mode all day and not complain (and I am really big on ride quality). The lack of air suspension on the new X3 was one reason I didn't wait for the M40i.

I havne't used the hard drive as I play music through my phone.

The rain sense wipers are great. It has a toggle on the stalk which allows you to adjust sensitivity to rain. It's a really great feature for people that don't want them turning on too often.

The transmission is great and miles ahead of the Mercedes. The transmission in the Mercedes was too clunky and laggy, didn't like it very much at all. The ZF in the Audi is plenty quick I don't understand why C&D thought it wasn't tuned well. I've had a '12 E92 335i auto and the ZF in the SQ5 is an overall better transmission in every way.

Interior and control ergonomics are great I have no complaints here. Everything just feels solid inside this car.

I'll answer the other questions throughout the day (busy at work).
Appreciate 0