View Single Post
      09-07-2017, 04:30 PM   #2
Max Well
Colonel
Rep
Drives: '22 BG X3MC, '20 BSM X3MC

Quote:
Originally Posted by augerpro View Post
Looking to replace my M235 and old Dakota with one vehicle. Must be able to do light towing up to the limit of the factory hitch (3500 lb). If I get an X3 how do they tow with 3k lbs behind them? Does the back really sag?
A great question, Brandon, but I'm not sure any of us will know until we see the G01 iterations with the factory-installed versions. A trailer hitch is important for us as well, but like you we now only need it for light-duty hauling since we sold our boat. The ability to order a trailer hitch was one of the reasons we chose the MB ML350 over BMW's offerings some years ago, though. I felt if a Mnfr places a hitch at the factory they have performed their due diligence and designed it with those physics in mind (my assumption which could be incorrect).

As this will be the first X series with a factory-installed option (I think I'm right on this), then I think they will have designed the G01 well enough to incorporate the rear end loads that might not have been considered in the previous versions.

My take only, but I'm glad they are finally offering such!
Appreciate 0