View Single Post
      01-17-2020, 10:35 AM   #1
robininni
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: X535d (sold)

2020 Jeep Trackhawk or 2020 BMW X3MC?

I've got a sweet deal (well in my mind) worked on an X3MC and a decent deal on a Trackhawk. The difference will be about $20,000 more for the Trackhawk after it's all said and done.

The X3MC is loaded and the Trackhawk is almost fully loaded, really just missing rear entertainment which I don't care for.

I keep thinking the performance will be very similar based on what I read of 0-60 times and 1/4 mile times. The TH will have maybe 2 inches more leg room in the 2nd row and I thinking a better Harmon Kardon system (has a subwoofer) and sound is important to me but maybe the X3MC Harmon Kardon is great too. The X3MC tech is better but the TH has decent tech and some neat built in performance tracking features. Both have lots of customization with driving parameters. Gas consumption is not a high concern of mine.

I'm torn! I used to have and SRT8 about a decade ago and really liked it (until it started having electrical issues causing the engine to shutdown while driving). I had an x35d later and really liked it (until it started having terrible fuel pump issues). $20,000 is a lot of difference in price if performance is almost identical not to mention similar interior space and interior fit and finish (with the upgraded TH signature leather package).

I can get the TH serviced in the small town I live in, the BMW has to travel about an hour to Fort Worth which I don't like. If only annual maintenance I can live with it, but if I have warranty work from issues, that would get old quick.

I haven't seen either in person so I'm working off of reviews, past brand experience, and gut feelings. Please don't berate me for not having test drove each. Here is a great chance for you to just give your opinion which I can't refute with actual personal experience with either of them .

So... advice? Help me decide how to spend my money. My brother loves to do this with cars...
Appreciate 1