05-06-2024, 01:56 PM   #4089
lfdal54
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: G01 2023 X3 M40i

Quote:
Originally Posted by internalaudit View Post
When speaking to the Salesperson, we were told Bimmer Code could void factory and extended warranties here in Canada, is there any truth to this? Sounds like BS to me but just wanted to confirm.

I don't plan to do any extensive changes, maybe set up Sports Individual as the default setting for the two user profiles.
It's BS, but, here's the rub. Every time you take the car to that dealer you'll have to put it back to its original state before they see the car. Either that, or be prepared for a fight anytime anything breaks under warranty. If the dealer is a real snert they'll try to blanket deny anything even though it's totally unrelated to whatever fails. Now, you said you spoke to a salesperson, often the most clueless of the clueless. Stop by and have a chat with your service advisor. Like as not you'll find him more reasonable.

If not, I'd suggest changing dealerships if possible. Or to avoid issues, leave the car bone stock, which is safest. In my case I spoke to the service advisors at the two dealerships I use and told them what I planned on doing. No problems.
Appreciate 1