View Single Post
      04-30-2024, 05:18 PM   #121
Max Well
Colonel
Rep
Drives: '22 BG X3MC, '20 BSM X3MC

Quote:
Originally Posted by TacosRule! View Post
The FJ Motors works the same as rennfix, they add the last 1" or so poly "collar" that fills in the gap in the OE bushing.
Yet Clint indicates in his video, 'BMW X3M and X4M Differential Solid Bushing Review and Installation by Einhorn Industries.', that he's tried solutions before the Einhorn including his own (if I'm understanding correctly) and they "also fail"... Review the time segment 1:07' to 2:17' in that video

Some cursory thoughts:
-would like to compare images of the 'failed bolts' with those collar, sleeve concepts which he indicates still occur to the OEM ones which have fractured. Do they look the same?
-I've done over 40 stock launches at the Strip and always drive in Sport/Sport+ (never Comfort), and my X3MC was 4-1/2 years old, yet my bolt was just mildly bent, so surely there must be other variables leading to complete failures, such as just variations in metal structure during manufacturing which leads to some bolts failing more quickly?

Solutions are present, but choice comes down to protection from high power forces vs NVH? Seems its up to us to decide where we land on that scale...
Appreciate 1