View Single Post
      04-28-2024, 11:12 AM   #115
TacosRule!
Major
Rep
Drives: 2022 X3M

Quote:
Originally Posted by Max Well View Post
Given the many available 'solutions' for the rear differential bushing and bolt issue it seemed a list might help organize. If anyone sees errors or omissions - suggest changes in a post and I'll keep it edited for accuracy. I've referenced and linked this post in the OP so it'll be easier to find (just like I did for the 1/4 Mile Leaderboards). Not all forum members use social media so references to those sites aren't available to everyone.

BMW F97 X3M/F98 X4M Rear Differential Bushing/Bolt Fix Options

Bolt only options
-BMW OEM
-Belmetric bolt

Bushing only options
- Vargas Turbocharger Technologies [VTT] Rear Differential Bushing Insert

Bushing and Bolt combination options
-BMW OEM
-Einhorn Industries Unicorn Egg – Billet Aluminum Rear Differential Rear Bushing and Belmetric M14 Bolt with matching washers and lock nut
-Vargas Turbocharger Technologies [VTT] Rear Differential Bushing Insert Kit (also available for the front bushings)
----
-Ryan Morard Facebook bolt, sleeve and collar solution – apparently he has 3 solutions per Bimma360 (“a 12mm bolt kit (the original), a 14mm bolt kit, and a full urethane bushing kit” – as he described in post 92 @ https://x3.xbimmers.com/forums/showp...9&postcount=92 )
-Clint Hightower YouTube Rennfix.com Bolt Saver Solution
-FJ MotorWerkes Rear Differential End Bushing, Bolt, and Collar Upgrade

Bracing only options
-JXB Performance Driveshaft Center Support Bearing Carrier Upgrade
-Vargas Turbocharger Technologies [VTT] Billet Differential Lock Down Kit
Great post, appreciate the summary. What I think I found out is that after reading all the kits and watching videos from renfixx, FJ werks kit is a combination of Ryan's bolt and renfixx's kit. He even mentioned on one of his vids that he drilled out one kit, which is what FJ does. I still want to see Ryan's bolt kit to confirm.

I think I will replace my OEM bushing and OEM bolt, then use renfixx's kit. Only need to figure out the OE part numbers. Can someone confirm I'm looking at the correct parts?

The bolt is obviously #11, is the bushing #10?
Attached Images

Last edited by TacosRule!; 04-28-2024 at 11:26 AM..
Appreciate 1
Max Well5003.00