View Single Post
      04-23-2024, 07:03 AM   #58
Max Well
Colonel
Rep
Drives: '22 BG X3MC, '20 BSM X3MC

Quote:
Originally Posted by ND40oz View Post
Well this makes me realize I made the correct decision in getting an F97 in the last model year of its availability.

If the replacement ends up being a full EV, it better be a quad motor monster that keeps the weight in the same ballpark as the current F97 and actually drops in price to be on par with the current performance EVs. There's a reason why they currently need to have a 9.9k loyalty credit on the iX.
I don’t see EV models meeting those weight and price points any time soon...

For our needs, current EVs bring too many issues to the table - inadequate infrastructure, vehicle weight, charging times, range, cost, resale value and less route flexibility on trips due to charging station locations/availability. While solid-state batteries (SSBs) will undoubtedly bring future improvements to some of those parameters c/w current EV systems, it seems a stretch to envision near-term equality to their ICE counterparts on many of those issues.

While we’ve made strides in reducing our carbon footprint personally (energy efficient home with significant reduction in utility costs, all electric lawn and landscaping tools and recycling as just some examples), the F97 X3MC remains the one indulgence I can’t see giving up during these ‘early’ years of EV tech. It has significantly improved the driving experience for us – to the point where it’s no longer about just getting from point A to point B, it’s the enjoyment we obtain simply driving there.
Appreciate 4
95wildtt872.50
Xtabi1718.50
ND40oz408.50