View Single Post
      04-22-2024, 05:59 AM   #50
Jolbex
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: X3

Quote:
Originally Posted by avi66 View Post
In my experience, some combinations of "EQ" settings can lead to audible artefacts, and that isn't limited to the HK system. The source can also play a huge role, as can the quality/spec of the content, and high playback volume.

It seems odd that the passive crossover and speakers in the G01 front and rear are the same spec AFAIK. However, according to the OP the front speakers sound fine, but the rears don't.

The G01 ALEV3 Harman booster only drives the two under-seat woofers and the ALEV3 RAM drives all the others. This is different to ALEV4 B&W which uses a more advanced Harman booster to drive more speakers and more channels i.e. each tweeter has a discreet channel from the booster rather than using a mid/high passive crossover on a single channel.
So how can you say that coding BW onto HK hardware is just equiliser? Isnt it obvios that when all the speakers are amplified via booster there is different level/cut freq/etc taking place? My HK booster overheated every day and turned off (no bass). After coding back to stock all the problems went away, no more cracking, no overheating...for a year now.
Appreciate 0