View Single Post
      04-18-2024, 11:24 PM   #1
thatonex3
Registered
Rep
Drives: X3 F25

Question 2012 F25 ABS Failure causing some breaks to stay engaged until I floor it?

Hello everyone, I have been having this weird problem with my 2012 BMW X3 xDriver 28i F25, I have been trying to search about it but does not seem to find a similar issue.

It happened the first time about 2 weeks ago, I drove it to campus, went to class, came back and it reversed just fine, but when I tried to accelerate, it would not go over 2k and it felt like the auto-hold was engaging (felt similar to when auto-hold hesitates and some brakes engaging), I gassed it, it let go but a bunch of errors popped up (4x4 chassis stabilization with ABS, ABS lights, traction control, red BRAKE light, and a yellow Park light)

I drove it home, engine and transmission were smooth, braking was just as casual. Did not drive it for a couple of days, then drove it and as soon as I took off all errors got wiped, I thought it was a fluke and it drove normally for a couple of trips. Need to mention that I took it to autozone when I still had the codes to try and scan it, and it came out with a
1. 48068C - Transfer gearbox - Clutch Momentary Not Used, Possibly
2. 480AB4 - Wheel Speed Sensor - Rear Right - Noise Control, 0
3. 480686 - Wheel Speed Sensor - Rear Right - Moving Detection Faulty, 0

Second time, same thing, I was in a drivethrough, put it in Park because it was taking forever, put it in drive and same thing happened. Took it home, did not drive for a couple of days, then same thing happened, drove it again and all codes were cleared.

I thought it might have something to do after switching from P to D, but I was wrong. I was sitting in traffic for a couple of minutes in a dead stop, had my foot on breaks, then when traffic started to move the car did the same thing, felt like the e-brake was engaging and it wouldn't let the car accelerates past 2k while feeling like there is something catching at least some of the wheels. so I had my foot on the gas to the floor for about 1-2 seconds before it let go and car started to drive like normal again with the same lights popping up again.

No weird noises, smell, smoke or any of that kind.

I sincerely apologize for the long post, I have been losing sleep trying to find something similar to my problem but each somewhat similar has different stories. I would highly appreciate any advice or insight on what could be causing this, and how to fix it.

Last edited by thatonex3; 04-18-2024 at 11:29 PM.. Reason: Grammer
Appreciate 0