View Single Post
      03-21-2024, 04:03 AM   #49
Jnat
DisplacementReplacement
Rep
Drives: 2020 X3M

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kevin_The_Clean1 View Post
Any high performance car or SUV is going to be a potential magnet for people who like to modify cars. The S58 is no different there. Thankfully it's a strong powertrain bolted to an equally strong drivetrain & can take a fair amount of abuse. I fully agree that buying any used car makes me a touch nervous. NO matter how well it appears to be taken care of. Always good to be safe rather than sorry. As the saying goes.
Over the last 15 years or so I've changed from muscle Mustangs/Corvettes and various Chevy's to turbo cars. the turbo cars ranged from WRX to STI to BMW's. The Subie's i've owned (3) were all bought new, the Bimmers were all off lease. Your point is spot on, it's a risk. I wonder though in this respect if you were lucky enough to find my vehicle for sale you'd be getting a gem and that probably goes for a good amount of people on this forum, we're taking care of our vehicles and driving them hard but not abusively, there's a difference. Case in point, someone just got my retired M240xi with upgraded Turbo/a lot of bolt ons and all maintenance done including injectors/hoses/belts/tensioners, car was mint BUT i found this X3M and that was it for me. Whoever got that car (i traded it and regret doing so, i couldn't justify two mosters) got a gem. Used equals a gamble but sometimes you win gambling! PSA, sometimes you loose gambling also... lol
2015 235XI FBO / MHD E30
2009 335XI FBO / COBB / E30

Last edited by Jnat; 03-21-2024 at 04:08 AM..
Appreciate 3