View Single Post
      02-09-2024, 08:19 PM   #45
BrockDM
Captain
Rep
Drives: F97 X3MC

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kevin_The_Clean1 View Post
BrockDM Can you outline / briefly mention the paint process that was involved in achieving this super nice finish... ? I'm a quarter German & super particular about stuff. But I'm also a sales professional & personally know that good things don't last forever. I realize that powder coating is a super durable finish. And I believe it's baked on. So it's usually only recommended to do this once to factory wheels. No matter what, I look forward to finding out more details from you soon. The last thing I want to do is have regrets.

You are correct. Now, i don't know exacly how the shop goes about their process but they are one of the biggest in the midwest for powder coatings.

Generally speaking tho, powder coating involves sandblasting the wheels to remove anything from the surface. Sometimes paint stripping agents are used as well. Then you spray the powder on and bake them in an over. It can be redone in other finishes, it's not permanent by anymeans. The only stipulation is you can't go back to the oem finish like plasti dip or peelable paints. That said, I'm no expert by any means so I dont know much more in depth than that.

Crown Customs and Coatings in Wheeling, IL did them if you would like to look them up. They were coated with Prismatic Powders - Black Jack and a top coat of clear. The shop specializes in automotive coatings and customization and has done 4 sets of wheels for me with no issues ever.