Major
No_Country
Rep
Drives: Bmw

Garage List
2022 x5 m50i  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ricochet48 View Post
Thanks for the advice. 10% would be stellar. They honestly assumed MSRP as that's what they paid for their last two Benz's one bought in the heart of COVID and another a few months ago (which I strongly argued against). These cost 50% more than this BMW, which will be lightly used as a family car at the southern snowbird home.

I don't think they care about resale at all, more so just the looks and features (aside from power / handling). The Msport with Shadowline looks so much better, to me HK is a must, a hitch would be great for my bikes, and to get the pano sunroof you need the Convenience package. That puts you at $56K. The extra $5K mainly comes from the assist packages which might be nice for longer drives.

Comparatively, there's a M40i edition in our area with BG/TR with 28K miles on it for $56K. That doesn't seem like a steal to me to be honest (but it's only one comparison point).

$61K MSRP is also a hard pill to swallow as it's more than the fully spec'd M240ix I plan to buy (basically every option except the phone 'heater' and I prefer the Sensatic cognac vs. the leather).
That does not look like a good price for the used m40.

If they are going to hold the car for a long time then don’t worry so much about resale. Just go into knowing this dealer is going to have a VERY hard time moving a 61k x3 30i when m40s can be had for not much more. This was probably a customer order that backed away. No dealer would spec such an expensive 30i.

So ask for the world in this deal.
Appreciate 0