View Single Post
      01-24-2024, 09:10 AM   #2814
Ricochet48
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2006 RSX-S

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mattl0806 View Post
At least 8% BEFORE other bmw manufacturer incentives. Prob more given they will not be able to move a 61k 30i. Ask for 10 maybe even 12% plus the incentives from bmw.

But before you do that - in general I think this is a very bad idea if you care about resale at all. 61k for a 30i. That car will be worth 40k the second you drive it off the lot. No one will care about the extra options especially on the 30i. Please just tell them to get the m40i if these extras matter to them so much or get a lesser optioned 30i. You can drive the m40 the same way as the 30i and be none the wiser. Keep the 30i in the low / mid 50s with the discounts you’re buying it at 50k or under - if not get an m40’plz.
Thanks for the advice. 10% would be stellar. They honestly assumed MSRP as that's what they paid for their last two Benz's one bought in the heart of COVID and another a few months ago (which I strongly argued against). These cost 50% more than this BMW, which will be lightly used as a family car at the southern snowbird home.

I don't think they care about resale at all, more so just the looks and features (aside from power / handling). The Msport with Shadowline looks so much better, to me HK is a must, a hitch would be great for my bikes, and to get the pano sunroof you need the Convenience package. That puts you at $56K. The extra $5K mainly comes from the assist packages which might be nice for longer drives.

Comparatively, there's a M40i edition in our area with BG/TR with 28K miles on it for $56K. That doesn't seem like a steal to me to be honest (but it's only one comparison point).

$61K MSRP is also a hard pill to swallow as it's more than the fully spec'd M240ix I plan to buy (basically every option except the phone 'heater' and I prefer the Sensatic cognac vs. the leather).
Appreciate 0