Lieutenant Colonel
Philippines
Rep
Drives: 2022 X3 M40i

Garage List
2022 BMW x3 m40i  [10.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by positiveions View Post
Well you can blame the dealer at time. Sometime they exaggerate the repairs in order to suck money out of either the company or the consumer.
My case, 2021 G01 M40 with a noise coming from the front right. Took it to the dealer and this so called service tech reported that it was a missing grommet under the airbox. Yeah ok. That’s not it wanna be tech. Second time , the shop foreman drove with me. Heard the noise and he called it out without hoisting the car up and checking underneath that it was the control arm. Yeah ok. Try again another quarter. So finally, they swapped my suspension with an another x3; but this time they changed both sides. They did not need to change both sides. I know it was the right suspension but they will do anything to justify the claim.
Well yeah suspension replacement within warranty is fine if your on stock suspension, but on lowering springs and trying to get something replaced forget about it. But what the OP asked if they will see the JB4 hooked up. Some people still believe that adding more boost or whatever to the engine to operate outside BMW "spec" and blow something up in the powertrain, that BMW will automatically repair it without doing their due diligence. Sometimes removing "it" doesn't automatically mean they fix it for free under warranty.
Appreciate 0