View Single Post
      12-20-2023, 08:25 PM   #1659
Skywalker80
Rep
Drives: X3 Wantabe

Factory Pick Up Spartanburg

Total noob here, so go easy. I live in SC and can easily drive to the BMW plant in Spartanburg, SC and pick up a new 2024 X3, do the factory tour, track experience, etc, as part of purchase. Went to my local BMW dealer, they said they can give me the same free experience if I buy local, and drive up to the plant myself. Told me there was little to no financial incentives to buy online and do the factory pick up. Said they could sell me an on the lot vehicle with better incentives. I don't think they were blowing smoke up my rear. Only advantage I can see to doing the online purchase and factory pickup is that I can get an X3 to my exact specifications. Did the local test drive and liked the 30i best. Pretty open to colors, options, etc. Their on the spot offer was MSRP -$1,000, only if I took their financing offer. I plan to pay cash. I see on the BMW website that I can get -$3000 off with USAA Military Retail Cash offer. Didn't discover that until after I left. Am thinking I should be able to negotiate closer to 8-10% off MSRP. Their offer on my trade-in was fair. I've got lots of time and can visit 3 other BMW dealerships 2-3 hours away. I am in no rush, can wait a long time. General thoughts from all you wise ones out there? TIA P.S. What is a build allocation with code?
Appreciate 0