Lieutenant Colonel
Philippines
Rep
Drives: 2022 X3 M40i

Garage List
2022 BMW x3 m40i  [10.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tabs83 View Post

I tried it with the car on and it’s the same, I think the strips are faulty tbh.
Iv attached some photos, first 5 pics are of the strip double plugged as the seller told me to do and the whole strip dims and colour is off. Sixth pic shows the front plug plugged in and the colour and brightness is perfect in the first quarter of the strip then fades and basically turns into a blue/white.

Last pic is both plugs in again at the same angle the sixth photo was taken, see how it’s changed to a blue purple and dimmer?

I did contact the seller yesterday and their advice was to plug both ends in using the extension cables and I told them I haven’t read about anybody doing it this way on the forums not to mention I really don’t want all those excess wires tucked into the roof lining also. I’m happy to bite the bullet and order another pair but worried they might just be the same

Ok long shot here, I also have the led center console cover that also uses the same foot well plug with a splitter. Have you tried just plugging the roof strip by itself? and see if that changes anything

tbh that shouldn't affect it as mine is normal with both plugged in.

Scratch that i see your not in an X3/4. I assume the center console strip is factory.

anyway I'm out of ideas, GL.
Appreciate 0