View Single Post
      09-21-2023, 12:43 PM   #46
dfox
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: E88 135i 6MT

Quote:
Originally Posted by AmuroRay View Post
He's literally the same guy. We think people get worse as they get older, Max was still playing second fiddle until his team was able to poach talent and give him a vastly superior machine to drive. Nothing changed about him besides getting a better car
Nah, it's silly to think that a driver doesn't progress when they're still so young. He was 20 years old the last time he raced with Ric. A driver will definitely peak/plateau at some point, and he might be approaching the plateau at the age of 25, but he definitely didn't peak when he was 20... Ham, yeah, he has hit the peak/plateau and is on the slow downslope. Still a good driver, no doubt.

Quote:
Originally Posted by AmuroRay View Post
If they regress to mean, expect to see all his fans from their irrelevant countries that no one cares about, making excuses as to why their 'god' is still the same petulant barely above average racer that he's always been.
Not sure what country a fan is from has anything to do with the situation... plenty of US based Verstappen fans. Do you only cheer for Sargent and Haas?

I'd love for you to be right that Max is an average driver and that other teams could catch them with a better car, but I just don't think that's the case. I think Max has an intuition about driving that's not matched by many. You know, those high IQ no clue type people, but this is focused more on a physical ability to be in touch with a car. All these drivers have it, but I think Max has it to a different level.
Appreciate 4
GuidoK11122.50
M5Rick61858.50