09-12-2023, 07:51 PM   #9
Must_Go_FASTER
formerly rdougherty85
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2022 BMW X3M Comp MBB

Quote:
Originally Posted by NarcanNinja View Post
Everything on here is good lol its a slippery slope though as others have mentioned. Vargas has a lot of good and bad posts, lol. Pure's have a more reliable history but theyre more expensive (I'm pure800s) and cleaner install from what i've seen.

For cooling mods, as thats my main issue in South FL - high IAT's, i've found the intake manifold the only way i'll be able to address it as theres no aftermarket intercoolers etc. The ones that work on Supra's dont fit on the g01 platform, the tubing positioning etc is different. My tuner and myself have looked thoroughly.

That's why I switched to a front mount intake and still IATs are higher than I'd like. I'm going to be purchasing a Wagner intake manifold soon and it should definitely help a lot. I know CSF makes quality products though so that's a perfect choice.

Charge pipe I've heard a bunch of times that our stock ones are plenty strong, haven't seen any in my area get blown up - but I did replace mine anyway just because it's inexpensive for peace of mind.

Fuel pump with my setup I initially just installed a TU pump and could tell even a Dorch Stage 1 HPFP wouldnt be sufficient so I went with a Dorch HPFP stage 2. This all depends on how aggressive your tune is / e content level etc.
Just make sure you keep an eye on your oil level, and do your regular maintenance. I'm currently doing oil changes every 2.5k and spark plugs every 5k and find a reliable tune/tuner to work with to fine-tune your flash.

Past 650+hp is where we would start worrying about transmission, pistons being sent to the moon, etc. The B58 gen1/gen2 is surprisingly strong. just need to be smart about it.
Won't have to worry about temps/humidity nearly as much hahaha..

What do you like about the Wagner over the CSF manifold? Obviously almost $2k less helps, but if you're not worried about the money, which one?

I'll have to study some more on the fueling system. What injectors are you running?
Appreciate 1