View Single Post
      08-11-2023, 02:14 AM   #15
RedPepper
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2023 X4 M40d

Quote:
Originally Posted by Plusforce View Post
Beautiful open pored ash wood! The only thing you need to look at...
Slightly off topic...

I'm certainly hoping it's as beautiful as that, as that's what I've ordered having only seen online (dealer is moving locations, so colour/trim sample board wasn't available).

Had a shock when checking my VIN on bimmer.work and saw...
"S4KG Finewood Int Trim Ash Grey Brown H-Gl"

Brown? HG? Does that mean "high gloss"? Uh oh.

No options for gloss brown (in the UK) so quick search and found the vehicle below for sale in Utah - with gloss brown wood trim. Checking the VIN details of that car it turns out 5UX43DT07P9T16138 was built on the same day as mine. Has the trim option changed? Stomach is doing flips now!

But it does look like there is another (different) option listed for that:
"S4K1 Fine Wood Oak Dark/High Gl/Acc Pearl Gl".

Don't quite get why the ash trim (which I believe is very dark grey and matt) would include "brown" or "high gloss" in the description. Now keeping everything crossed, as avoided carbon fibre as didn't want a gloss trim, and my other half will kill me if we end up with gloss brown (old man 1970s Jaguar style, in her eyes!!)
Attached Images

Appreciate 0