rbryantaz
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2007 E70 4.8i, 2008 E90 335i

Garage List
2008 BMW 335i  [7.67]
2007 BMW X5 4.8i  [10.00]
Sugar free soda tastes like antifreeze to me... It isn't as poisonous but you know... If it tastes like poison I don't drink it...

Many artificial sweeteners are so sweet that they make everything else not seem sweet anymore which is also a problem... I saw some reports that it will trick your mind into thinking you have had sugar even though no calories have been consumed and it then makes you even more hungry. The studies on it changing the bacteria in your gut is also interesting. For me I don't like it and learning to like it doesn't make sense...

I stopped drinking soda in general many years ago. I will occasionally drink a regular coke but it is maybe once a month. I do drink la croix or just a plain sparkling water but no more than 1 a day and not every day. It turns out drinking water is best, imagine that...

Don't get me started on how most sugar substitute packets (when packed dry) are packed in dextrose (pure glucose) so they are basically 1/3 sugar but below the legal amount that counts as calories.... Artificial sweeteners are suck a racket.

I keep wanting to start a 0 calorie sugar packet company. The plan was to just reduce the size of the packets and pack regular sugar and call it zero calories.... I even worked out a slogan, "It tastes like sugar because it IS sugar."

Everything has its consequences. If it is sweet it probably isn't very good for you... (this includes tropical fruits)

-Rich
vreihen1615647.50
M5Rick61920.00