View Single Post
      05-01-2023, 04:13 PM   #8
BMWGUYinCO
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 22 M850 Convertible '23 X3 M40

@All,
I appreciate the replies.
For the record, I am aware of the equity in my '21 - and the dealer knows that I know - I was the one who brought that to the table. I calculated it at $6K - $7K based on recent private sales of '21 X3 M40is configured like mine in my area, and that is as of today.

Of course I am leveraging this equity on the new '23. Of the $6K, he is allowing me $4,000 discount towards the '23, plus the BMW loyalty offer of $1,500 plus a discount on the MSRP and based on what market '21 X3 M40is are going for around here from dealers, he should make upwards of $6-$7.5K on the sell. Maybe $8.5K if he labels it a CPO, which I think he will as our car only has 14K miles and is in pristine condition.
If I buy it outright though, remember I have to pay sales tax (at 8%) so my net equity would be about half the $6K.

The best deal I could find anywhere on Leasehacker for a '23 X3 M40i uses this math:
MSRP of starting base = $60,000
After 6% discount (highest I could find on LH) selling price = $56,400
Taxed incentive = $1,500 (loyalty)
You need to fork over 7 MSDs = $5,250.
Total due at signing = $7,892 (7 MSDs plus $2,759 in taxes, fees, etc.)
Total monthly lease payment (without Boulder County taxes) = $718.00
Link here: Leasehacker Calculator

Now, let's adjust the MSRP to my actual using this same math to reflect my configuration:
MSRP = $69,170
Same everything else
Monthly payment = $835 (again, without Boulder County tax so payment will probably end up around $865 if I had to guess).

My quoted monthly payment INCLUDES all Boulder County taxes, which is $653. Also, I am not having to put down any MSDs. My total out of pocket is $1,500 due at signing - this is the total drive off amount.

The difference between the $835 and mine (missing taxes notwhithstanding) = $182/month. Multiply by 36 months = $6,552 which is about what I would have to put down in addition to the MSDs to get that payment.

I should also mention - the link to the broker's calculator I listed is sold out of X3 M40i deals for the month of May. My dealer only has two allocations for X3 builds, giving me one of them. So all in all, I am pretty happy with the math and given that the best deals to be had in the nation are posted on Leasehacker, I think I stack up pretty well. Especially if I sell our current car, then have to start all over to get anywhere near this kind of deal on a new '23. Using the calculator, in addition to the MSDs I would have to put $6K down to get this monthly. So net 0 financially to me. And, a dealer has to make money so I'm also OK with them getting a positive out of the transaction as well.

But my main concern are the various comments about what features I will be giving up. I already know about the loss of reading music off of a USB, but what else?

I'm gaining the Adaptive M Sport suspension which should result in a more comfortable ride in Comfort mode, improved traffic assist and full iDrive 7...

Last edited by BMWGUYinCO; 05-01-2023 at 06:25 PM..
Appreciate 0