RickFLM4
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: M4

Quote:
Originally Posted by CarsAndGuitars View Post
And forums can suck because of know it all wiseasses

So you don't get me wrong, even though you already jumped to conclusions.. I don't want to set a speed trap and can't stand our HOA ..

Our community has 400 homes and relatively narrow curbed streets with on-street daytime parking and worthless, annoying speed bumps already placed.

The HOA is having a "crackdown" on things like weeds, xmas lights, visibilty of garbage cans and stained sidewalks.. threatening owners of $1M+ homes with $25 fines for non-compliance.

There are 20mph signs posted everywhere and even as you enter the community "Speed Checked by Radar". Since we are a gated community there is no police presence, except when called for an incident.

Landscapers, Pool maintenance and especially Amazon delivery vans and some residents punch it between speed bumps (1/10 - 1/4 mi between them) for their own satisfaction and zero benefit to their schedule.

All I want to do is to bring awareness to the BOD / management that they are focused on bullshit instead of making an actual effort to slow traffic.. and not suggesting it be done punitively. The HOA rules specifically state speed limit is enforced. The fake news that they make any effort at all is opening the community to lawsuit when some crazy effing Florida driver goes off the rails and hits someone or something. It happens literally every day in our county.

We don't need a fucking amazon driver taking a mirror off a car or taking out a kid on a bike because he has a goddamned quota
Your only possible solution (other than speed bumps), if you or your HOA can make it happen, is to get the local police to come in and hand out tickets. The HOA is pretty powerless to enforce speed limits and most people know it, so the awareness will not result in changes. They send emails, but that's about all they will do. We had a police radar set up for a week at our community in FL (the one's that flash your speed) and it had zero impact on speeding.
Tommy-G4594.00