dmicah
Internet Weasel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2023 X3 M40i

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by 335dFan View Post
It gets better, then worse. The tire guys patched it for free and it was a slow leak so I just drove to the place. But then some other forum member here who has better attention to detail than I do pointed out a little warning on page 295 of the 2021 manual. With M-Sport Differential, no all seasons with 19" wheels. So now I'm bummed again. it's more than a warning to me as I have noticed some subtle indications of what the warning talks about.
I mean, maybe this would be less controversial as a PM, but I find it hard to believe that the M-sport differential would be a problem with 19" all seasons. I've got it with 20" all seasons. They might just be worried that it's a bit more tail happy with the grip of the all seasons. The whole thing sounds kinda hinky to me...

Actually, I just looked at the manual for my 2020 and same warning does appear. HOWEVER: it appears as a safety warning under the section for winter tires. So what I think they're saying is that in winter conditions with the differential all seasons are more slippery than winter tires. Which we knew. So maybe don't use the 19" all seasons to drive over to Tahoe
Appreciate 0