danniexi
Brigadier General
No_Country
Rep
Drives: 2022 F97 X3M Comp LCI

Garage List
OEM Carbon Fiber Side Air Ducts + Autotecknic CF Side Trim + Red Volume Button

OEM M-Performance Carbon Fiber Side Air Ducts

So I finally picked these up from my buddy who owns a detail/tint/PPF shop. Did an amazing job and it actually took me a little while to see the paint protection film on them. Autostrada 187 for those in the NY/Long Island area. Can’t recommend them enough.

As for the pieces themselves, they full complement the front end along with the the CF grills and what not. But what a BITCH to install. I know glfwdw got these done recently and I should’ve taken his advice. Getting them off was stupid simple… remove the two push pins at the bottom and pull up. Remove PDC sensor and reinstall. Getting the PDC sensor back on was a real pain in the ass. I didn’t have any extra rivets (and I was impatient to order some) to go through the wheel well behind the bumper, so I shimmied my hand in between the trim and bumper and used all of my strength to get them on. I eventually did it somehow, but yeah, would not recommend. Do it the smart way and go through the wheel well (like what you would do when installing painted reflectors). The scratches, the pain, the regret, and the amount of swearing wasn’t worth it in hindsight.

Autotecknic Carbon Fiber Side Vent Trim

Well obviously I needed to do the side vents… I thought about the full replacement, but figured I’d take the lazy route and do the side vent trim (boomerangs) instead. The OEM pieces were a major rip-off so I went with Autotecknic instead. Quality was good and was basically just 3M taped instead of being clipped on. I initially felt that the install wouldn’t turn out well since they lacked the clips but they turned out looking good. No complaints.

Autotecknic Red Audio Button

Saw these on the website and figured why not. Matches the Start/Stop button. I like it… brings a bit of color in the sea of black plastic. Hated the installation though. Damn near broke the volume knob itself getting the silver ring off. Nearly put my fist into the dash when I screwed up and installed the ring back on incorrectly. But it all worked out in the end.

BMW MY06 E46 325XI - GONE

Last edited by danniexi; 02-28-2023 at 09:53 AM..
Appreciate 1
KodiakEd227.00