Alfisti
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: 2008 Saab 9-3 Combi

Quote:
Originally Posted by cmyx6go View Post
Alfisti How did you screw up your pool?
Again, will sound trivial, 'cos it is!

I have pleated filters, not a sand filter so you cannot back wash, you have to soak the filters in this mixture overnight then rinse them. To do so, naturally you need to turn the pump off. So i did just that, pulled the system apart and soaked overnight. I wake at 7am to a text from the neighbor "chief, there's a pool in my yard"...... like faaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaarrrrrrrrrrrrk.

Turns out even when you press OFF, the pump will re-engage if a new session starts. I have a variable speed pump and run it from 6am to 10pm, whole idea is to extend it's life right. So at 6am, regardless of me turning it off, she engaged. Lost about 8,000 litres dammit.

But I have a real FML, even if it is my own doing. Myself, wife and kids are booked to go to OZ in December but it is just not going to happen. My mother is super, super covid cautious (she has about 7 co-morbilities) so I may try and go alone as it is less risky for her. Still, her not seeing the boys now for over 2 years is a very, very tough scene.
Appreciate 1
cmyx6go15851.50