United_States
Rep
Drives: 2024 BMW M4 Base

Garage List
2024 BMW M4  [10.00]
2024 BMW M4  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by jspiegel View Post
I think your setup sounds sweet with the ER midpipe installed. I used your stock video because I thought it was the cleanest video I found online.

I didn't realize the cold start was with the flaps open though, so that makes more sense that they sound different.

What mod would make that exhaust sound better on a cold start sound better?

Do people just start their car in sport plus?
No worries about using the clip. Glad it helped.

My understanding is you cannot keep the valves closed on cold start. They stay open in every mode. I’m guessing the exhaust controllers you hard wire might be able to keep the flaps closed during cold start.Cold start with the ER sounds horrible and is very tinny/raspy until the idle drops. After that I love the sound. I wish I could quiet it down during cold start by keeping a valves closed for the initial 2 minutes. Luckily I don’t have a commute so no early morning starts. I’m sure it still pisses the neighbors off 😁

The X3 M sounds good but it will never sound like a V8. It is what it is. I’d take the X3 6 cyl over the “Hot V” 4.4 V8 you get in the X5 M50i/M. It may sound better but turbos in the valley seems like a really big issue as the engine ages.

Last edited by Mike02z; 07-01-2022 at 05:08 AM..
Appreciate 1