06-25-2008, 03:17 AM   #12
clark192
Second Lieutenant
Bahrain
Rep
Drives: 2006 325i (EU)

Quote:
Originally Posted by AryoBarzan View Post
Wow... not to sound like an ass, but seriously bro, grow a pair. Yeah, they're going to use the 'n word' and curse at you. Honestly, does it really hurt you that much to hear teenagers cursing on a microphone? Have you really been that sheltered all your life. Just look on the internet, this is EVERYWHERE, and I've heard the same shit on pretty much all games. If it really bothers you, then don't use a headset.

thats not the point at all. the point is that in a setting where there is no face to face contact between people, it seems that social norms and rules are thrown out the window! I play Halo3 often, and it seems that the people online, from pre-pubescent all the way up to mid-twenty kids just completely disregard proper behavior and swear and make themselves sound like idiots with an IQ of 2, just becuase they are online. I think its safe to say that most of these kids dont talk like that infront of their parents, and if they do then that just reflects the decline of our society.

so it has nothing to do with the offensive nature of the word, but everything to do with the lack of restraint these kids are showing online. whatever happened to simply saying good game? or congratulating the other team on a good win? or saying stuff like that was a great kill, etc...

i just laugh when these kids start flaming online, becuase

a) makes them look like morons
b) they tend to suck, hard
c) its still funny when you lose and even funnier when you beat their ass.

so basically my point is keep the crude language to yourself and enjoy the game.
Appreciate 0