04-19-2022, 09:24 AM   #1600
jikhead
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2022 X3 M40i Carbon Black

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pearsman View Post
Placed an order for an X3 M40i on 4/4. Still waiting on a production number, dealer said 10-12 weeks for delivery and an allocation was not an issue so hopefully sometime in June for delivery? Family owned a 13' M6 Convertible at one point but other than that this will be my first BMW and I am stoked for it, the short wait is well worth it to get exactly what I want. I really wanted the extended shadowline package but dealer said that if it isn't on the website I couldn't order it? Seems a little weird since I have seen some saying they have been able to add it on the dealer side? I told them to keep me updated if it becomes available in time. Agreed to MSRP, dealer didn't really sound like they wanted to budge and I am a first time customer of theirs. The doc fee was $799, seems really high to me... They had dingshield and permaplate added to the car too but I won't be getting those from them, gonna bring it to a local place to have front PPF, tint, and ceramic pro done after delivery.
I am in the same boat as you; placed order on 4/2 and told about the same thing on delivery but I'm doing PC pickup at the plant. Your doc fee isn't too far off the average in TN. https://joinyaa.com/guides/car-dealer-doc-fee-by-state/ As for the shadowline package, it is available. My SA used a specific website but wasn't listed. He said the SM/GM have access to another site that lists more details availabe and the SM was able to add it to my build order. You may want to have them check again.
Appreciate 0