View Single Post
      04-05-2022, 10:15 AM   #1588
bowerythrowaway
Rep
Drives: BMW X3 m40i

Quote:
Originally Posted by jikhead View Post
I've been collecting offers for about a week now and have been contacting dealers all around; contacted some that others said got a decent discount off MSRP. I'm trying to determine if a larger dealership would likely make a better deal based on quantity they sell/order....or would it be better to try a smaller dealership that doesn't move too many cars/orders in a month. San Antonio brags that they are the largest BMW dealership in the USA.

Updated list: after visiting my local dealer this evening to drive a used M40i and to get a quote from them, I've realized some of my statements below were incorrect. SA said shadowline is currently not available according to their updated BMW site. Recorder not listed anywhere. HK and wireless charger available come April builds. After getting this news, I rechecked some my offers below and updated them.
Fleming in NJ - MSRP
Richmond VA via my PenFed/TrueCar recommendation - MSRP
Greenville, SC - best offer thus far; about $900 off MSRP but they have stupid doc fees that take it to really about $400-500 off MSRP UPDATED: This was all incorrect. They left off all the extra options I listed that could not be included in the online build. Their quote actually is MSRP.
Dallas BMW - physically went by Saturday while visiting and salesperson said they'll only do orders for locals within the Dallas zip codes.
Sewell in Grapevine, TX - said they don't participate in BMW PC & plant pickup and told me good luck!
San Antonio BMW - still waiting on a quote
Tulsa BMW - $5k over MSRP & $500 doc fee!
Tyler TX - about $500 off MSRP UPDATED: This was all incorrect. They left off all the extra options I listed that could not be included in the online build. Their quote actually is MSRP.
Shreveport, LA - no response back
NW Ark BMW - acknowledged my request but rep hasn't texted back or emailed me
Memphis BMW - about $500 off if financing, MSRP if cash
Patrick BMW Chicago - still waiting on a quote
Little Rock BMW - MSRP thus far but was going to give them last opportunity once I'm done collecting offers to see if they'll beat best offer.

I'm likely going to have to settle for MSRP and $129 doc fee with my local dealer. Then hope to negotiate some discounts upon financing. If they still won't offer anything, then I'll write them a check and use my own financing.
I've searched the tri-state area too and have only gotten MSRP.
Appreciate 0