View Single Post
      02-25-2022, 12:51 PM   #70
spta97
Colonel
Rep
Drives: BMW 2020 X3MC

Quote:
Originally Posted by ///minh View Post
Can someone school me on this issue as I cannot use the search function or it's not working for me.

I just got my windows tinted with 20% front driver and passenger side. Driving the car home during an overcast day the screens looks normal to me. Then yesterday, took it out when it was sunny and again the screens looks bright and normal as well.

What can I do to replicate the dimming issues that some of you guys are experiencing?

2022 x3m btw.
It's possible you are not affected, or that your tint does not cause an issue (I have read that ceramic tint may be the cause).

Basically there is a light sensor in the dash cluster. Often when people have tinted windows (or are backing out of a garage without it), the cluster and the control screen will dim severely.

If you don't have the issue that's great. But take your phone and shine the flash light on the top left (I think) of the gage cluster and both that and the control screen will brighten up.

The fix (for the control screen) is to change the dimvariant in Bimmercode which restores "brightness at night" to "brightness". You can then set the control screen to be bright regardless of how bright the car feels it is.

The cluster is still an issue though - no way other than mounting an LED light to shine on the sensor has worked thus far.
Appreciate 1
///minh564.00