02-22-2022, 05:56 PM   #67
g01_jon
Enlisted Member
United_States
Rep
Drives: '22 X3 M40i

Quote:
Originally Posted by 565565 View Post
Well I will know soon enough, LCI getting 35% prime XR plus on the front side windows and 70% on the windshield. Will report back next week if I messed up the car.
565565 This is definitely a thing on all BMWs with the current Live Cockpit Professional display (no physical gauges/needles). Those that are reporting no change from tint either don't have strong enough tint to trigger it, don't live somewhere bright enough to notice (overcast), or plain haven't noticed. I've got that same tint and I'm like 99% certain this will affect you as well. My car was produced 1/04/22 and has this issue, just as my '19 330 did.

spta97 I tried the coding mentioned above just before dusk today and it seems to have helped, but it's too soon to say for certain. I will update with more info tomorrow. I can say that the code DIM_CURVE_X2, both by name and affected module (HU_MGU), solely changes the dimming curve for the control display (center screen). I tried both ways and with the curve set to 00, 00 (aka no curve) the control display is at full brightness if the displays are in day mode, but the instrument cluster is not. This makes it much brighter than the instrument cluster at all times and it has no dimming at all. I reverted it back to the standard value (1F, C0) and the display is once again dimmable and comparable in brightness to the instrument cluster.

Also, the code DIM_TAG_NACHT_LICHT_EIN_ENABLE does not do what its description says. The displays are still determining day/night mode independently regardless of whether the headlight switch is on, off, or on Auto.

I don't have qualms with the head unit brightness (that I've noticed) but I might be alone on this. The most annoying thing for me is the instrument cluster. If I'm driving home at night from work (heading East) with the sun setting in my eyes, I cannot read the instrument cluster at all. If I have my sunglasses on I also cannot see the HUD.

I'll know more tomorrow morning!

Last edited by g01_jon; 02-22-2022 at 06:34 PM..
Appreciate 0