View Single Post
      10-20-2021, 02:20 PM   #19
lolo-comp
Private
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMW X4MC

Ok, so here is the end to the story..

The X pipe arrived at the UPS hub 30 miles away from me and I was able to go and pick it up at 8am this morning at the hub. Had I waited for it to be delivered I would have been unable to install it and miss the slot at the speed shop.

So, now for the mini review... Its about 10% louder than the factory X4M Competition exhaust. I think for the Jeebus video review, he didnt have a Comp exhaust and his volume was greater than 10%.

Coming from an RG sport mid pipe, there is no comparison in sound. The RG Midpipe is 100% louder than the factory Competition exhaust and the Dinan X pipe is 10% louder. For that reason, if you want loud then there is no substitute, the RG Sport mid pipe is significantly louder than the X pipe by 10! If you want minimally louder then perhaps the X pipe is for you.

I have it installed and I am not removing it now. For the price of admission for the Dinan part, on a competition exhaust I would recommend NOT buying it. The cost of the part compared to what you gain in volume just isnt worth it. Its almost like stock with minimal sound change or increase.

I cannot speak for the NON comp exhausts, which may gain much more volume from the X pipe than I did. Maybe Jeebus will chime in..

Here are some pics of the install, as I stated I spent so much time and money on all of this that I am just going to keep it installed and call it a day with regard to the sound.. Also, this is how I received the box. Luckily nothing damaged in transit..
Attached Images

Appreciate 2
f82fanatic1043.00
r33_RGSport13113.50