10-19-2021, 04:24 PM   #8
bSwiazzy
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2021 X3M

Quote:
Originally Posted by lolo-comp View Post
I know, that's a rough title to a thread, but in my lifetime I have never had to deal with the ignorance, lies and straight up incompetence from any company in any industry. I'll try and keep it brief..

Saw that Dinan had an X pipe product they introduced for X3 AND X4 models. I was interested in having slightly more sound from my exhaust and after watching the great video from Jeebus, I figured I would try it out.

I have an installation date on Wednesday 10/20 for a bunch of stuff, so I called Dinan directly on Friday 10/15 and paid for expedited shipping. Needed to have it by Tuesday for the Wednesday install, so I paid for 2 day UPS. It was 9am Friday morning, I was told it would 100% ship out today. Kal was my salesman, nice guy, but he was incorrect as It didnt ship.

Called on Saturday spoke with Griffin. If you happen to call Dinan for anything and get Griffin as your rep HANG UP and call back and pray for someone else to handle your call. I asked for tracking number. It needed to ship Saturday in order to arrive for Tuesday. I told him again that if I can't have it by Tuesday I can't use it. I have to have it for install on Wednesday AM. I was assured it shipped and the tracking would populate later. I told Griffin "if you cant ship it out today cancel the order, I can't use it". It never did ship or populate.

Monday comes, I get Griffin again. Can someone please put a ice pick in my ear hole? More lies. More nonsense. He says he is going to call UPS and get the delivery switched from 2 day to next day. NO CHARGE, we messed up and will take care of it. He will call me by days end.. Never called, never got the shipping expedited either. I check online tracking.. guess what? IT DID SHIP, but it shipped 2 day not next day and they dropped it off at 1:59 in the afternoon. WTF? I have been calling every morning at 8am and they couldn't figure out proper shipping for 4 days?

The end of the story is close, I promise

Today I call up and explain that its not arriving today, that Griffin once again did not change the shipping to overnight. I dont want this part. I cant use this part. I am not paying for this part. You misrepresented the shipping 4 times to me. Please send me an RMA and return label and refund my money.. Well, we can issue an RMA but, you have to pay for the return shipping? HUH?

Why the F do I have to pay for anything? I told you not to ship it on Friday or Saturday and again on Monday if I couldn't have it by Tuesday! You shipped it in the afternoon on Monday with no way to get it by Tuesday and completely disregarded my instructions and requirements.

End of the story is this negative review and an AMEX dispute that will ultimately end with a resolution in my favor and Dinan picking up the return shipping. Unfortunately, the bozo's over there are just to backwards ass and stupid to do the right thing or to do anything right from start to finish.

See the attached screenshot.
Ordered on Friday 15th, no label generated or shipped.
Label generated on Saturday 16th but never shipped.
Item finally ships on Monday 18th, but at 1:59 in afternoon with 2 day not next day and no chance for delivery on Tuesday.

If you have to order a Dinan product dont go through Dinan directly, use a third party website. Not only will they not charge you sales tax (Dinan does) but they will be attentive to your order and shoot straight with you.

Sweet Home Alabama.
maybe r33_RGSport can have a fiix for you !
2021 X3M // RGSport Midpipe + MSS + RaceChipGTS // Retired
2016 Rav4
Appreciate 1
r33_RGSport13113.50