United_States
Rep
Drives: 2022 X3 M40i/2023 M3CX

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by kimsmoltz View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by jrodri7 View Post
I totally agree - this charger has been great, always keeps up with the drain of carplay, and never had an issue with the phone heating up. Much more useful than the factory POS. People also forget that is gives you two more USB ports (and A and a C with PD) closer to the driver, which I have used to power my passenger's phone via a cable. And it has an off switch if I don't want to keep charging my hone or I want to place something else in that slot.

Have done a few long drives and it has been flawless so far.
does it drain the battery when the car is parked?
Quote:
Originally Posted by kimsmoltz View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by jrodri7 View Post
I totally agree - this charger has been great, always keeps up with the drain of carplay, and never had an issue with the phone heating up. Much more useful than the factory POS. People also forget that is gives you two more USB ports (and A and a C with PD) closer to the driver, which I have used to power my passenger's phone via a cable. And it has an off switch if I don't want to keep charging my hone or I want to place something else in that slot.

Have done a few long drives and it has been flawless so far.
does it drain the battery when the car is parked?
there is a chip that detects the phone. If a phone is not present, the charger only consumes very little power. Won't drain your battery.
Appreciate 1