Rep
Drives: 2014 m235i

Quote:
Originally Posted by bsm.m4 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by GFK007 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by bsm.m4 View Post
Wow that's horrible. I obviously wouldn't want the car back either, you have no idea what went down with it while it was stolen.

Have you considered getting a lawyer involved?
Am thinking we may have no choice. Was my Dad's car.

Would just be creepy to have it back in some respects.
So wait has your car had any diminished value according to your car insurance provider? Is there anything on the history that says this incident occurred?

If you absolutely don't want to keep it, just sell it to vroom/carmax/carvana. You'll probably get nearly what you paid for it, maybe more in this market.

Otherwise get it professionally detailed. A thorough inspection at a dealer could also help give you some peace of mind.

Just throwing out ideas.
Thanks man. It's literally sitting in a lot in Detroit. Heard back today that it needs an "interior detail," but to your point the car was found with guns and drugs in it, so god knows what else happened in it.

I would think the value has been crushed, as presumably "stolen and recovered," will come up when the VIN is searched.

I'm going to suggest fighting it on the basis of a big mileage increase as well.

(gone but not forgotten) 2011 e90 M Sport - M-Tech Carbon Diffuser, OEM Carbon Trunk Spoiler, 20% tint, black reflectors, black OEM grille, LUX white Angel Eyes.
Appreciate 1
X3mcesq57.00