View Single Post
      07-02-2021, 10:51 PM   #138
V8MAN
Captain
Rep
Drives: '23 M3CxD IOMG

The LaserHL are mentioned in the PR pictures as an option (attached), this is why I also assumed they would be available since it says it pretty clearly that they would be available as an optional extra.

From what I have gathered, it looks like design wise the head lights look pretty much the same, outside of the blue accents that the laser ones have, it looks like the shape of the DRLs will be the same on both, unlike the DRLs on the M3/M4 which actually look different. Functionally, the laser lights provide better visibility when the high beams are used, outside of that they seem to be the same. So if that is the case, not having them as an option is probably no big deal.

Quote:
Originally Posted by danniexi View Post
whats the difference between the laser lights and the adaptive LED (in terms of actual design)?

im checking the press release and weirdly enough, there is absolutely no mentioning of laser lights whatsoever. i only assumed laser lights would be available because of the PR pictures… (both the normal X3 and X3M have the blue trim, the X4 and X4M have blacked out trim). the shapes of the angel eyes as well as the lenses (projectors) look the same between the two as well.

anyway, spoke with the sales manager that i’ll be working with. he was transparent and was hesitant on giving definitive answers to all these questions since order guides still arent out. im gonna wait on ordering until i know what im getting into… as of now, seems like digital key is definitely out. laser lights are a big question mark. remote start is available though.
Appreciate 0