View Single Post
      05-09-2021, 09:44 AM   #2934
2000cs
Captain
Rep
Drives: Potato

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sedan_Clan View Post
Nobody is being harassed. Normal people almost never get pulled over nor cited for some obscure violation of law. There's nothing illegal or inherently wrong about a check point either. They are designed to saturate and show law enforcement visibility/presence.
Should have said “feels like harassment”, sorry. I understand that police are implementing the law. I don’t like the law. Same with the check point. Irritating delay (I’m on the road to get somewhere, not to chat with you), and the law be damned, it feels like an over-reach and illegal search. Again, feeds an attitude toward policing and the law which contributes to where we are today. - and I support the police, am friendly with them when stopped.

There are corrupt police traffic scams (revenue raisers) as well. Some speed traps are set up this way (having nothing to do with public safety), and I’ve seen the “impeding the flow” scam in Taylor, MI in person. That shit has to stop.

As a somewhat normal person (my wife’s opinion notwithstanding), I have been stopped for petty stuff several times in my life. Tail light out, “what’s in the trunk?” Never cited for any of it which makes me think it was an excuse to fish. I always knew about it before being stopped, too, once I was on my way to buy the bulb.
Appreciate 0