Second Lieutenant
No_Country
Rep
Drives: 2021 M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big_CG View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by CRuben09 View Post
Don't be cheap on your car. I did a full retrofit using Bimmertech. Yes, is $3,000 but you can't go wrong about it. I did the whole retrofit myself and I'm completely satisfied. Only BMW OEM parts were used, and if you were going to buy each part individually you will spend more money. You can purchase the parts on eBay, but the trickiest part will be to pair the unit to your car's VIN. You can get scare with the install process, but everything is so easy to remove and reinstall.

The whole kit is plug and play, and they do all the programming. I have full nav capabilities, apps, Apple car play, and BMW Connected. I've been using it for almost a year now, trouble free. Since I have brought the car in for service, so I put everything back to stock. So yes, is fully reversible in case you need to take your car for service. In my case I do it to avoid any issues with them in case they install an update.
Looks great! Can you share with us what parts actually need to be installed? Its the 10.25" display, the head unit, and the I drive controller? Any wiring or steering wheel buttons?
Just the NBT EVO headunit, 10.25 inch display, touch controller, and a data cable that needs to be connected by repining a connector at the passenger footwell module. Nothing else. It sounds easy, (and it was) but the tricky part is the coding that needs to be done in order for the retrofit to work. The headunit already came tied to my vin number, and it was 90% ready when I installed. I then coordinated a coding session with Bimmertech so they could finish up a few coding details with the system already installed. But it worked right out of the box and it was plug and play.

2011 135i Alpine White DCT N55 All Stock
Built on 10/10 Proud owner since 12/12.
Appreciate 0