11-10-2020, 10:19 AM   #9
Influence
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2020 X3M, 2016 X5 35i

Quote:
Originally Posted by DucatiT1098S View Post
I got my car back after BMW found the valves in the Dinan exhaust were rattling so Dinan sent a repair kit to fix the spring in the valves.
I noticed a little rattle coming from the valves so I talked with Dinan and they want me to bring my car back to BMW to have a different spring installed Dinan said that will fix the rattle.
So it sounds like the Dinan design is faulty, as you've had 3 mufflers and all made the noise. Hopefully that new spring fixes the rattle and they can make that as a running production change to prevent future issues. Glad to hear that they worked so hard to get the issue fixed.

Also, do you happen to know the inlet size on the Dinan tips? I like how the muffler sounds from the sound clips but really don't like how big the exhaust tips are. I'd like to see if I can use one of the AliExpress-sourced tip options with the Dinan muffler. The recently released ValveTronic might be an option as well. As much as I like the Remus and Akra parts, there is no way I can justify the price (like nearly 10% of what I paid for the car)
Appreciate 0