Rep
Drives: '20 X3M Competition

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bmwtech113 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by sys64738 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by sys64738 View Post
I plan to go closer to the full 1" drop in front, which means I will probably end up with roughly (I am rounding) the following adjuster thread gap:

23mm rear
17mm front

Keep in mind that the ride quality is still great, I am just trying to eliminate the spring fully compressing, which is a common occurrence in my neck of the woods, as we have some of the worst roads in the US (orange traffic cone is the state tree I believe :P)
Ok so after trading E-mails with BG @ RGSport this morning, it appears I had some things wrong. First, I was measuring my rake based on my adjuster gap difference, which isn't the right way to do it. Rather, I should have been measuring the actual drop as measured from center of wheel.

Second, my assumption that the adjuster gap should be lower in the front than the rear is incorrect. If you keep a 25mm adjuster gap front and rear, it results in a 15mm rake in front according to Ben. He explained that this was due to the spring design and spring rate. If you lower the rear to 20mm adjuster gap, it results in a 6mm rake.

So, that's what I am going to do. Will report back.
I have also been emailing Ben at RGSport trying to get mine set properly. As of last night I'm at the recommended 25mm front and 20mm rear thread gap and so far it's been a much improved ride over my previous settings.
I'm also running the 25/20 thread gap setup. As mentioned earlier, it's very comfortable. More than stock, and more than when I first installed my springs (which were set too low).

I've noticed however, only on the left front, that it seems to bottom out quite easily on medium and heavy bumps in the road. It doesn't seem to be happening on the RHS (drivers side).

My wife was driving the other day and I also noticed that the car feels much firmer from the front passenger seat. I've got no idea what this is, but now

I'm worried the stock front bump stops weren't moved to the back, with the MSS supplied bump stops added to the front.

Back to the shop to take a look I suppose.

Is anyone else getting a hard thud with the 25mm/20mm thread gap setup? It's not happening on low depth bumps in the road etc, but on medium or higher uneven roads.

2020 BMW X3M Competition ///M - ALPINE WHITE / SAKHIR ORANGE

Past: 18' BMW M3CS | 18' BMW X5M | '17 BMW M3 Competition | '16 Mercedes GLC250 | '16 BMW X5M | '15 BMW X5 M50d | '14 Audi SQ5
Appreciate 0