View Single Post
      08-07-2020, 10:50 AM   #324
AlexFL
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: BMW

Quote:
Originally Posted by gallagher View Post
And...just like that my plans got put on the shelf pending further diligence.

Honestly, I’m really not too hung up on the install cost as long as it’s done correctly. My biggest concerns are (1) doing this and finding minimal improvement in ride quality and thus feeling like it was a waste of time and money (again, improving ride quality is the only goal as I’m keeping ride height at stock); and/or (2) having the car settle over time lower than stock height; and/or (3) experiencing the banging, clinking, or bottoming our that others are reporting, whether it be due to installer error, lowering too much, or otherwise.
The improvement in ride quality is very significant, especially if you want to leave at stock height. It will settle a tiny bit but it won’t change the visual appearance much. There are also plenty of noises coming from the stock suspension on bad roads. I wouldn’t say that my MSS springs are any louder than the stock springs. Regarding costs, this is solely your personal decision. I would let you test drive my car, but I have done so much to it (springs, wheels, tires) - i fear it won’t help you to make an educated decision.
Appreciate 1
r33_RGSport13123.50