Y3MUR
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: X3 M40i

Quote:
Originally Posted by shawnsheridan View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Y3MUR View Post
Hello everyone new member here I wish I had joined this forum before but sadly was a bit too late anyway long story but here goes

Few months ago I installed Apple car play to my X3, it was done on a laptop from this guy I found from Instagram full screen Apple car play it was fantastic worked a treat and no issues what so ever.
My car was booked in for a check up on my pdc sensors which was faulty and going off mad got it fixed under warranty anyways I got a phone call from the service team saying they've fixed the issue with the pdc and all working fine BUT we have a problem with your I drive software and saying it crashed and wouldn't start up after updating the software and they said it needed a new head unit which I was quoted £1500 they said this is not covered by the warranty because the software was manipulated by codes and it crashed . They knew exactly what and when it was coded I couldn't argue and paid for a new head unit. Just wanted to say BMW are aware of all coding that Is done to their cars so please think again if your planing on doing these things. maybe it was me just being unlucky.
That's unfortunate. This is an issue only for dealer programming, and only for adding CarPlay, not Full Screen Conversion of existing CarPlay. And in case of adding CarPlay, a simple restore of original configuration prior to dealer service, which current CarPlay installer is capable of, will avoid this from happening.
Quote:
Originally Posted by shawnsheridan View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Y3MUR View Post
Hello everyone new member here I wish I had joined this forum before but sadly was a bit too late anyway long story but here goes

Few months ago I installed Apple car play to my X3, it was done on a laptop from this guy I found from Instagram full screen Apple car play it was fantastic worked a treat and no issues what so ever.
My car was booked in for a check up on my pdc sensors which was faulty and going off mad got it fixed under warranty anyways I got a phone call from the service team saying they've fixed the issue with the pdc and all working fine BUT we have a problem with your I drive software and saying it crashed and wouldn't start up after updating the software and they said it needed a new head unit which I was quoted £1500 they said this is not covered by the warranty because the software was manipulated by codes and it crashed . They knew exactly what and when it was coded I couldn't argue and paid for a new head unit. Just wanted to say BMW are aware of all coding that Is done to their cars so please think again if your planing on doing these things. maybe it was me just being unlucky.
That's unfortunate. This is an issue only for dealer programming, and only for adding CarPlay, not Full Screen Conversion of existing CarPlay. And in case of adding CarPlay, a simple restore of original configuration prior to dealer service, which current CarPlay installer is capable of, will avoid this from happening.
Lesson learned thanks for your reply
Appreciate 0