Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2020 M5

Quote:
Originally Posted by onfireX5 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by knepsterd View Post
Very niche car and even though it's a rocket, reviewers comment on its edginess, uncomfort for daily and long runs and need to get it high revved from standstill. Also the non DCT is a set back imho.
Lastly tire options suck and you need an instant investment in winters in 50 Percent of the country
Doesn't take away that it has a certain utility of a sports car. You can jump into M40 with a level one step down of less excitement but still fun and more compliant on the road.
Just curious if you have you driven an X3MC for a 2-3 day period ?

I used an M40 for 3 days trying to decide on a purchase.

I've put over 4000 miles on the X3MC. Two trips with 4 days of driving over 400 miles per day.

M40 is very nice. No complaints here. Could rock one.

Stock to stock, X3MC is a totally different experience. I can/have gotten out of my Turbo S and into the C back to back and don't feel "let down".

It just comes down to the experience that you want.

Great to have all these options !
Agreed 100%. I've had them all...911's, Panameras, AMG's,M6's M5's M4's M3's and this the X3MC is the best all around car I've owned. It's a friggin rocket. Forget the m40i. Not even in the same league. The ride in the X3MC is fine. It's firm but I've driven it 1500 miles in 4 weeks. I love it. Big enough, comfortable, and literally..it's a rocket. And the tranny. Way better than the DCT. So much better in traffic and shifts are lightening. Don't miss the DCT at all. 8 speed ZF is smoother and quicker. Not a doubt whatsoever.
2013 BMW M6 Eisenmann Race(gone)
Appreciate 2
SWOT1492.50
onfireX53619.50