Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: '17 X3 35i

Quote:
Originally Posted by M3 Adjuster View Post
noun
noun: dilution
the action of making a liquid more dilute.
the action of making something weaker in force, content, or value.
"he is resisting any dilution of dogma"
a liquid that has been diluted.
plural noun: dilutions
the degree to which a solution has been diluted.
"the antibody was applied at a dilution of 1:50"
FINANCE
a reduction in the value of a shareholding due to the issue of additional shares in a company without an increase in assets

Still trying to figure how adding more M " dilutes " the brand. If anything the brand is stronger with more * M * infused across the lineup.

BMW is sprinkling more M throughout the lineup, while adding new tiers of badass... and that's dilution.

I'm seeing the same " dilution " over at Porsche, AMG, AUDI.. it's called SUCCESS !

I know people are just whining and pining for the good old days when BMW made only three M models ... and guess what ... I WAS THERE ! .. but make your whining sensible... man.

Holy crap who wants to go back to the days of just M3, M5 and M6?
I don't think you realize that my use of the word dilution was simply re-iterating the argument made by the OP I replied to. Further, nothing about my post points to dilution of the M brand being either a good or a bad thing. It just is. None of my post is whining about anything either, not sure where you get that.

Now, let's explain the definition you looked up but can't seem to comprehend. We used to just have the M3, M5, and M6. True drivers cars with little in the way of comfort aside from essentials. Then, in the late 90's, BMW started adding more "looks and sparkles" M stuff while simultaneously shifting the M cars from old to new. And here we are today (the trend continuing), where there is literally an M car for every number up to 8 and the technology inside of them is cutting edge and frilly at times.

It's willfully ignorant to ignore the fact that BMW has brought a lot of "pretty parts" with the M moniker, made M cars more accessible to the masses, and doubled the number of available M cars (at times without much reason, see M3/M4 for an example as those used to just be different trim levels)... And what do we call that? Dilution.

Boomer.
Appreciate 0