Mavus
Colonel
Rep
Drives: E90 335i, F80 zcp

Quote:
Originally Posted by Efthreeoh View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Smooth 330i View Post
For h/w definitely brakes and xmsn including coding.

s/w and sensor integration is a whole another topic but I am expecting electrical gremlins.

Also, cooling, vehicle stability, handling, steering, braking, etc. In general until somebody performs a platform shakedown in the real world it is impossible for anybody to predict. For example, will it go into limp mode after 10 hot laps? Will the brakes take the beating?

In general, the price makes me uncomfortable. Can GM deliver top to bottom repeatable/reliable performance at this level for $60-70k? Maybe ...
When did vehicle stability, handling, steering, and braking become "reliability" issues? You make it sound like GM doesn't do any computer-aided engineering and testing. I'm sure GM did a shitload more "shakedown" then any of the car mags or internet video whores will ever do. Software and sensor integration... really?

The C7 had some minor heat issues, since corrected. The C7 base MSRP was $55K IIRC. How will the C8 be that much different? They moved the engine to the middle of the chassis, it's not that drastic of a redesign.
I kinda lumped it all together ... mainly cooling, brakes and xmsn.

The other topics are more in general to find out what the vehicle is capable of.
Appreciate 0