Rep
Drives: 2018 X3 i30xdrive

Garage List
2018 BMW X3  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by nick1212 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheMooseMan View Post
I downloaded the APK from here: https://www.apkmirror.com/apk/bmw-gr...-apk-download/
* if I should not post links like this here, I kindly ask any admin to just remove the link from my post.

I read that Android Police is behind apkmirror.com and it's fairly safe. It seems they compare the APK signatures to the ones on the Play Store to check if it's the same APK (it can still be faked, but it's not easy at all). Besides, they manually upload and check APKs, so it can be seen as an extra security measure.

Anyway, I'm seriously considering installing that APK on the next few days not only because it worked nicely on the emulator, I WANT to access the 3D remote views from my car and be able to check the status of the doors, trunk lid and hood at any time using my Android device and not buying an used iPhone just to do all this that SHOULD be supported on the Canadian version of the BMW Connected app on Android. It's a shame that BMW Canada seems to give a f* for Canadian customers.
K so I just downloaded the app via apk and it worked. Logged in and it found my car based on my connected account and I was able to lock the doors. Haven't tried any of the other stuff but 3D view works but don't know how much of a use that is to be honest unless I am missing something.

Also not sure if it's the latest version of the android app it's from Oct 2018.
when you installed the app and logged in, did the app automatically add your car? or did you have to add it manually. I've installed the app, and when its plugged into the car via usb, it sees all the details, and I can send destinations to it etc, but it won't allow me to add the vehicle (says my VIN cant be registered to the account). the car is however listed on my Canadian connected page online. but this app doesnt appear to use that info. it wont even allow a Canadian or US location when you try to create an account.

it's so confusing
Appreciate 0