03-08-2019, 07:18 AM   #11
mcc3456
Banned
United_States
Rep
Drives: Alfa QVs & 4C.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mako View Post
Wow, Alfa Stelvio Quad is listing for 10% off sticker before even negotiating.

I have a feeling next winter the Jaguar F Pace SVR will be similar, because loaded these are about $4,000 more than the X3M Comp will be.
Jaguars in general have a very similar road feel to the Alfas. Unfortunately, getting a really steep discount on any Jaguar is never easy, for whatever reason. They are both great brands if you prefer to not have the same thing as everybody else...which makes owning them kind of special. I think the X3M will be pretty awesome, but in regards to the comment above about cargo space, the X3M is a smidge larger. My GF has a last gen X3 which is about the same as the Stelvio, whereas the new X3 is slightly larger. Unless you are carrying an oversized something regularly where a few inches really matters, like a hard dog crate, I don’t think an inch here or there would matter too much for most people. Case in in point, a Stelvio is cavernous compared to a Macan, but for most people’s actual needs, the Macan might suffice just fine.

In my case, I threw a set of 255/45/20 snow tires in the back of my GF’s X3, but at the last minute she could not follow me to the garage, so I tossed them into the back of the Stelvio no problem. Was it a bit tighter, yes, slightly, but they still fit with some some room to spare...and to put it into perspective, those are damn wide tires. That is the largest thing I need to haul twice a year, so the Stelvio works perfectly for me, and I definitely wouldn’t swap it for a regular X3 30 based on driving dynamics alone, which is way more important to me.

However, if one is hauling dog crate regularly, so something that absolutely has to fit, before going by cargo stats alone, one should check to make sure that the actually item fits in whatever vehicle that is chosen, because every SUV in the segment has “different” dimensions...even if on paper the total volume is the same. Sometimes a vehicle with overall less cargo volume might fit something a statistically larger vehicle might not. Take it from me based on owning a Porsche Cayenne at one point, and also cross shopping an X5 when buying a 2011 X3. Better to be precise than sorry later once you already have the vehicle in your garage.
Appreciate 1
FSociety3816.50