View Single Post
      03-01-2019, 10:41 PM   #50
leogrrl
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2019 X3 x30i

I absolutely love the way my X3 drives, looks, and feels. I'm four months and nearly 2,000 miles in, and it makes me happy every day. There's nothing I "hate" about it -- but I am definitely annoyed by pervasive electronics gremlins.

I've been experiencing several issues that I need the dealer to look at. For example, after I start the engine, I get a "fob isn't recognized; engine can't be started" message about half the time with one of the fobs. I switched to the other fob and now still hear the sound that I know to be linked with that error message, though the error message doesn't show.

In this same category is the auto-lock feature. It doesn't lock! The "Genius" confirmed that all settings are on, but still, it doesn't work.

There are other electronics settings that I think I should be able to change from the menu, rather than coding it myself. For example: turning off the auto-stop feature, turning off the safety warning that pops on screen at each start, and preventing the trunk from opening when the car is locked. And in general, the electronics seems to perform erratically -- such as different start-up experiences (sometimes (rarely) I see the start-up animation, sometimes I see the still image, sometimes it's a message/text). I've also encountered CarPlay dropping, and the stereo going silent when I back up. The CD player (HK) takes forever to recognize a disc, and the fast-forwarding/rewinding within songs lags and is extremely slow. One day, my back-up camera didn't work. The next day, and ever since, it has.

I don't feel up to programming the code-able settings in Bimmercode myself -- it seems a bit daunting. And the dealer says they'd need the car for several days mid-week to address these issues, which has been tough with my work schedule and the distance to the dealer. But I've got to get there soon.

So, I love the car -- It's the most refined vehicle I've owned. But I sure wish the electronics were on par with the engine and performance overall.

Last edited by leogrrl; 03-01-2019 at 10:52 PM..
Appreciate 3