View Single Post
      01-06-2019, 12:55 AM   #154
Rhidium
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2019 BMW X3

Quote:
Originally Posted by jjrandorin View Post
The fact that you said "costco" means you got yours sometime when costco was in play, which was before october of last year.

Conquest and loyalty dont stack. Things that dont stack, dont.

Costco did stack with loyalty cash when it was in play, which it isnt anymore. New corporate discounts dont stack with other programs under the just released new corporate discount.

it all depends on how one is negotiating. If one is negotiating at XX above (or below) invoice minus incentives, then what the incentives actually are and what stacks with what matters. If one is just getting a price, the dealership can say they are using whatever the customer wants to use and discount it enough to make the customer happy.

There is no costco pricing as of october of last year, so if a dealer said "we are giving you costco" they are just discounting the $500 incentive that costco provided without actually using it (because they couldnt). To the consumer it wont matter as they get their money, but it can confuse others who think things are in play that arent.
I was treating the Costco incentive as a starting point. I know they don't offer it anymore, but they were willing to start there before bargaining. Getting discounts before haggling is always good. Any case they stacked all of those items before we started haggling. Both BMW dealerships I went to were stacking all those discounts I mentioned. First one was estimate since he didn't have the car there (but could ship it in), and the second one did have it and I bought it.

Edit: I bought in December 2018 when Costco was not active anymore..

Last edited by Rhidium; 01-06-2019 at 02:01 AM..
Appreciate 0